Talking drums delivering a message. A race through bush paths as the beat speeds up. A dip in the river and a bit of excitement. The king has summoned you into his "afin" (palace). Wrap yourself in your indigo blue. No Wahala now. Put on rest, your sense of honor and humility too. You never know what might be bestowed upon you.
-The Perfect Mirror
Our seriously cozy relaxed unisex fit hoodie is soft on the outside with our vibrant signature No Wahala Seal Print - and even softer on the inside with a brushed fleece. Inspired by old vintage Ankara abstract shaped patterns and how pivotal they were to culture and function; may this hooded sweatshirt remind you of how much of a difference you make.
- 70% polyester, 27% cotton, 3% elastane
- Fabric weight: 8.85 oz/yd² (300 g/m²)
- Soft cotton-feel fabric face
- Brushed fleece fabric inside
- Double-lined hood with design on both sides
- Unisex style
- Overlock seams
- Comes with drawstrings
Designer's Journal Entry:
The word Wahala in the Yoruba language of Nigeria means “trouble”
Over time, this popular term “No Wahala” has been adapted into the Nigerian Pidgin English dialect to mean no problem, no worries, no trouble, or no stress!
See, I have a lip-smacking appetite for period pieces and the ancient traditional Yoruba movies set in the "afin" (palace) of the king used to bring me quite sizzle and spice. Was it the dramatic myths and legends or just seeing all those women wearing their monochromatic indigo blue patterned wrappers? From the queens to the servants, this was a trend!
FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA NOTE:
Each item on our website is printed just for you. Pattern placement may vary. Please allow 6–10 business days for delivery. Orders containing multiple items may ship separately.
- Wash inside out using cold water on a gentle cycle with similar colors and mild detergent.
- Do NOT use products containing bleach. No fabric softeners. No dry cleaning.
- To preserve the graphic on your garment, turn garment inside out and HANG to dry. No ironing necessary.
|Chest (inches)||34 ⅝||36 ¼||37 ¾||41||44 ⅛||47 ¼|
|Waist (inches)||26 ¾||28 ⅜||29 ⅞||33 ⅛||36 ¼||39 ⅜|
|Hips (inches)||37||38 ⅝||40 ⅛||43 ¼||46 ½||49 ⅝|